Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bathroom inspiration

So I'm wandering through a local store, think red, with my mom on a mission, finding inspiration for the one, yes one, tiny bathroom in our home. It's almost a blessing because bathrooms can be scary to decorate. So having only one in this house may turn out to be a good thing. So we're walking and chatting, sharing the latest gossip, making our way to the bath section, when I see it - a small soap pump. I knew as soon as I saw it I was sold.
Being a smart shopper, I breezed by it, only taking a quick peek. We browsed through the bath section commenting on this is nice or that is nice, but I couldn't get this soap pump out of my head. Silly as it seems, it was calling to me. So after much processing, I held it. After that it was all over. Finding coordinating pieces, and thinking of paint colors to match, imagining how the new floor will look with this small soap pump flooded my mind. 

Needless to say the bathroom will be the first project. It is a very dated space. Our house was built in 1992 and it shows. Our goal with the bathroom is to lighten up the space while giving it that sanctuary feel as all bathrooms should have. A place of solitude to attend to your needs.

On the agenda first is paint. The ceiling is in dire need of refreshing, and the walls leave a lot to be desired. We'll be adding a new fan with a light to improve the lighting in the bathroom. We'll be tearing down dated medicine cabinets and demolishing a child-sized toilet, updating light fixtures and faucets, as well as adding visual interest with shelving. 

The ball is rolling on this project so please be patient as pictures are soon to come. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

4 comments:

Danny said...

Love the soap dispenser!!! Great place to start!:P Keep the updates coming!

Sharon said...

1992! You call that dated? I must be an antique. .... It you need any help, call me. I have lots of free time.

Joe and Sarah said...

Ha! The house is dated not the people helping :). I'm also thinking of getting rid of the tub and putting in a shower stall for space. You can do that right ;)

Sharon said...

I'm willing to try anything. :-)