Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's time to play the music!

The walls are painted, the hole is patched and the details are in place. So we can dub the basement as finished! I know that Joe is really excited about this room being complete. Those of you who read this blog probably know that saying Joe is a big Muppets fan is an understatement. Joe's "Man Cave" is not donned in sports memorabilia or animal heads, or a bar even; Joe's "Man Cave" is Muppet themed. Honestly, I am happy about it :). I love my sports teams and I love beer, but having them all over our walls was not something I was down with. When Joe asked about the Muppet theme, I was on board from go! Not only have I started to love them, but the theme itself was much more appealing to me. With the help of Joe's very talented mama, Sharon, who we enlisted to create the great Statler and Waldorf painting, we finished the basement. So kudos to those of you who guessed the theme from previous posts! Enjoy, and please feel free to stop on by and check it out! Oh, but please call first :)

Waldorf and Statler heckling us from the balcony


The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan movie posters
Another view of Waldorf and Statler and the new Kermit trio
The new Kermit trio- all recycled calendar prints- my favorite part of the basement :)
Muppet memorabilia: The Whatnot-Joe Muppetfied 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see what you do next.

Miss Tame said...

Looks fab! Do you know the work of James Hance...Have a feeling you might love it : ) www.jameshance.com

LCB said...

Awesome!!

Joe and Sarah said...

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the basement. I know we are too! @Mrs. Dodson, I will definitely check out James Hance, thanks for the suggestion :)