Friday, December 16, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

  It seems like months since my last post, oh because it has been. Well, friends, we're back. I've missed blogging dearly, and as my lovely husband pointed out I don't need to just blog about renovations to the house. Speaking of, things are at a bit of a standstill right now. School began, the holidays snuck up on us, and the budget ran out. So, while we are replenishing the budget for summer work, and preparing for the holidays, you'll have to deal with boring posts about our lives :).
  Christmas seemed like a great time to start blogging again. I mean, who doesn't love Christmas?? As we do almost every year, my mom and I trekked out the day after Thanksgiving to acquire our trees. Thanks to the very lovely selection at Gaver Tree Farm, we have made that our go to place. Joining us this year was my brother, Danny. We have been known to hack down our own tree, but this year we decided to go with a pre-cut tree. I mean why waste the energy if someone is going to do it for you? As usual, Gaver's did not disappoint. Two very nice Douglas Firs were chosen and loaded up and brought home.
  In this tiny 942sqft space a 6ft plus tree might seem to overwhelm the space, but when it comes to Christmas trees I say the bigger the better. Surprisingly, the tree looks very at home in front of the picture window we have upstairs. Joe and I spent the Sunday after Thanksgiving decorating the tree, along with some help from the pups. A new addition this year and one that will be every year is the awesome stockings Joe's mom made for us. As you are all aware, Joe is a huge Muppet fan. I have to say he has sucked me in to his obsession and I am starting to love them, too. Who seriously doesn't have a special place in their heart for Kermit The Frog?


  Well I hope you weren't too bored with this post. Enjoy the pics!

5 comments:

Danny said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I especially love my Miss Piggy stocking!!!! :)

Mumbles and Grumbles said...

Those are the best Christmas stockings ever! Love your nice fat tree!

Annie said...

Love the tree & stockings! I want to see your house in person! Can we have a get together soon?

Joe and Sarah said...

Yes please Annie!

Joe and Sarah said...

Yes please Annie!