Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vision revision

Frequently this happens to me - I come up with an idea of what I would like to do to the house and once I start the project, things begin to change. Yesterday, Joe and I made a trip to Ikea with the in-laws. We were going for chairs for the living room. I also wanted to look at nightstands for the bedroom because the ones we had were just terrible, but I'll save that for another day. Back to the chairs, I had researched what I wanted and I had settled on a nice pair. A nice slim lined chair that was a great dark grey color and a wicker chair to add a little texture to the room. Joe was not on board for the wicker chair from go. Once we made it to Ikea to try out the wicker chair, I had a change of heart. Turns out it was not as sturdy as I was looking for. It's always good to have sturdy items with a Newfy around. Sweets has a tendency to rearrange our furniture and it needs to last.

The change of heart left me with a small dilemma; I needed another chair. Just as I was about to settle on a twin set, I noticed Sharon and Joe enjoying this very modern chair. I took it for a spin and really enjoyed it as well. I also loved the great floral pattern that made up the fabric. It was the texture I was looking for. After some more wandering through the massiveness that is Ikea, we finally made our way to grab our furniture. Unfortunately they were out of the fabric that I really enjoyed, so I settled for plain old black. It's growing on me, but I'm still quite sad about the lack of pattern. I know I can spruce it up with a vibrant pillow and all will be well :).


Furniture acquired, on to the house for setting up. Here is where the vision revision really comes into play. Not only had I changed my mind about the wicker chair, I got a very modern chair for our living room that I feel has more classic lines. After everything was set up last night, I started having doubts about the modern chair. It just looked so misplaced. I woke this morning convinced it would be going back. After sitting in it for a while, I really started enjoying the comfort of it. I mean, it doesn't look like much, but it is a really comfy chair. Joe and I ventured out today for a few more accessories, and I have to say I am really enjoying having a space to sit. With the addition of the chairs, I can finally say that I am done with the living room. It's cozy and it has changed from a very cold space to a much warmer space to be enjoyed.


Cheers!


***As usual, I must apologize for the terrible photos. One day I'll break down and get a real camera**







No comments: