Sunday, February 10, 2013

Welcome to Nerdom


Joe's current obsession...
 For years I have known deep down that I was a nerd. I usually hid this fact from many people and struggled to "fit" in, all the while there was always a pull from my inner nerd screaming to be released. Then, I met Joe, and my inner nerd found its nerdy soul mate and all was set right.

There are many types of nerds. There are those that play board games, those who play video games, those who worship movies and T.V., those who get lost in comics, and those that incorporate all or some of these things. I think Joe and I fall into the latter category. While we are not video and board game buffs, we are comic, movie and T.V. nerds. I might add that I myself am more of a movie nerd than Joe, and he more of a comic book nerd than I, but all in all we are pretty nerdy. I mean an epic Friday night for us is taking a trip to the mall in search of sweet T-shirts and then hitting up the local comic book shop just to "browse." We frequent re-runs of T.V. shows we've seen millions of times, and our basement is basically a shrine to the Muppets (OK it's a shrine).

Luckily, for our tiny house, I also suffer from a slight case of OCD and we (Joe) don't get to keep a lot of clutter.


As of late, I have been tapping in to my inner child and embracing the comic book nerd. Growing up my brothers and I were fans of The X-Men. We watched the cartoon religiously, we'd trek down to The Cluttered Closet to purchase various trading cards and sometimes frequent the comic books. I also have vague recollections of Thunder Cats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and He-Man playing in the background. Joe has told me that while he was growing up his mom would have to tape Batman for him just so he'd go to school. I'm talking about the Adam West Batman, folks. Oh and then there was his WWF (WWE) stage, which I'm not convinced is actually over...

I've recently started joining Joe in his comic book nerdiness.  Trying various recommendations and even gaining comic book crushes. I'm being serious folks, crushes. I'm not alone in this though, Joey suffers from his own nerdy crushes, too.
Joe's love, the beautiful Pearl Jones...


Sarah's current crush, Marko...

















The most exciting thing we have planned this year is a birthday visit to the Baltimore ComicCon in September. Just last night we were making our plans and deciding if we were gonna spring for a 2-day pass. Last year was a first for us, and I remember thinking, "Why haven't we been before!"

If you'd ever like to chat nerd, feel free to hit us up!

Cheers!


**Images courtesy of GoogleImage**


1 comment:

Mumbles and Grumbles said...

I love this! You and Joe are too cute. Rob is the nerdy one of us two. So far, I am not there. We watch Young Justice and I recently began reading the comics. We also watch Arrow together and I think I should read the comic because Rob continuously talks about it. I was an X-Men freak as a child. Rob thinks I still am, which may be true, but he's a Batman lover. He has a bunch of comics on his iPad and plenty of Batman memorabilia. We discussed going to comic con, but haven't decided. =(