Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Review and a Room

I won't be starting this new post with any "New Year, New Me" BS. That saying, in my opinion, is dumb. I'm quite happy with the current/old me. I will, however, look back a bit on this past year and reflect on the things that occurred to make 2013 one year I know I will never forget. 2013 was the year I was exhausted beyond belief, the year I thought I wouldn't make it through, and the year I was pregnant. Not just nine months of the year, but the entire year. The year started with Joe and I receiving the exciting news we were expecting a little bundle. We found out our baby-to-be was a little boy, and we also found out that we would not be given the chance to meet that little one. Joe and I found out just how much we need each other to get through tough times, and we found out just how strong our relationship is. It's not perfect, but it is very solid. Soon after our loss, we found ourselves knocked up again. This time with a little girl, who is making her way through this pregnancy with flying colors. I am hopeful that this will keep up, especially now that I am entering my third and final trimester with her. So for me, 2013 will always be the year I was pregnant.


Today marks my 28th week with Little Miss, and my 44th week being pregnant, but who's counting? We've got 12 more to go; and I'm finally starting my third trimester. All I can say to that is, "It's been a long time coming!" Frequently I get asked how I'm feeling, and to be honest, I'm feeling pretty good. I have a lot of, almost constant, back pain that has been plaguing me since about week 12, so it really just feels like an old friend you're ready to get rid of, but won't take the hint. I've got some pretty serious heartburn, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before, thanks to the acid re-flux that I was diagnosed with at the ripe ol' age of 15. But all in all I do feel quite well. Now, this is not to say I don't have the occasional hormonal breakdown and complain about how miserable I am -- I am sure Joe can vouch for how few and far between those are :).

We started Little Miss' room this past weekend, and I am so happy with the outcome. Originally I had intended to go with a steel blue color, but after further consideration I wasn't really as into that color as I thought. So, I went with a soft sage green. In fact the color is called Soft Sage, and I absolutely love it. To me it feels fresh, and light, and just plain relaxing. I enjoy relaxing colors. Joe's mom, Sharon, graciously donated her amazing antique dresser she used when she was a kid and I love it! You all know my obsession with old furniture. In a possibly shocking decision, I painted the dresser pink. As I said in my post announcing Little Miss was in fact a Little Miss, I am not opposed to the color pink in any way. I do enjoy the color, I just don't need it covering every space. I think the pink jives well with the walls, and adds a little pop of color. Her crib will be white as well as the little bookcase we have in the room. We've got some great artwork hanging on the walls that I think will keep her entertained. There are a few more pieces we need to make the room complete: a crib, the cityscape, and a few more pics need hanging. Those all will be coming in the next few weeks.

Here's a few shots of Hazel's digs and the growing belly.

Cheers!

28 weeks


Hazel's new pink dresser with her baby blanket 



Closer view of the pretty hardware. 


Killer Wonder Woman poster
Crib and cityscape coming soon






Autographed comic books by a few of our faves


Signed Mouse Guard, The Will & Lying Cat, & Daredevil prints.

No comments: