Saturday, February 15, 2014

Getting, slightly, sentimental

Since we are in the home stretch, I thought I'd look back and think about things I won't miss when this pregnancy is over and things I will. I'll start with things I won't miss:

1. I won't miss the constant numbness on my left side, especially my left hand. Washing my hair one handed is becoming a bit of a chore. 
2. I won't miss the almost crippling sciatic pain that comes from left field. 
3. I won't miss not being able to sleep however I feel comfortable. 
4. I won't miss not being able to recognize my feet and ankles. They've officially become one. 
5. I won't miss not being able to breath every time I eat. 
6. Lastly, I won't miss the heartburn. 

Things I will miss:
1. I will miss the feeling I get every time Little Miss squirms, hiccups, rolls, or kicks. 
2. I will miss feeling her little feet, hands, elbows, and rump poking me. 
3. I will miss it being just us two. This is the only time it will be just Hazel and I. Once she's out, I'll have to share her with the world. I'm not quite ready for that. 
4. I'll miss forgiving myself for every piece of food I eat. The extra scoop of ice cream, or the handful of Cheez-its, or the second (read third) helping.
5. I will miss not feeling guilty about taking a break, or an hour nap, or just sitting back while those around me work. 
6. Lastly, I will miss the belly. The in-the-way, beach-ball sized belly. I'll miss rubbing it, marveling at it, and watching it grow. 

I'm so looking forward to holding this little girl, but I can't help but think about how precious this time has been. While these 8.5 months have been chugging along at a snail's pace, I am slightly sad they are winding down. It still feels like a very long time until we meet, but I will be enjoying what we have left.  

Cheers! 

No comments: