Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sustenance

Around June of this year, Joe and I decided to start making a life change. We, mostly I, said you're doing this, decided to start eating clean. I had put on 15 lbs of unwanted weight since October of last year, and I needed to do something about getting rid of it. I am totally unmotivated when it comes to working out. I hate it! I don't like thinking about it, I hate how I feel when I am working out, and usually when I am finished I think "What a waste of my time, I could have been lounging on the couch watching the telly." I know I am a lazy ass. The Eat Clean diet was brought to my attention by a Facebook friend. She had done a couple of posts about it, and I got curious so I started researching myself. I found that the "creator" -  Tosca Reno -  had some very motivating things to say. Since I am a lazy ass, this diet really appealed to me because all I had to do was shop and eat. I could totally do that :).

Let me give you a short description of the Eat Clean diet. It really draws your attention to what you are putting into your body. In this world of processed and lab created foods, Eat Clean gets you to start reading the label and cutting out all that junk. Recognizing that what you put into your body determines the shape and feel of you. Now, let me say that I am not a total stickler as I am sitting here eating a hand full of M&Ms, but I do work very hard to follow the diet. Tosca does allow treat days, which I allow almost every day, but with that said, even my treats have moved to becoming a more clean version. I look for sweets that have all natural ingredients, no added preservatives, or refined sugars. I am also finding that my taste for sweets and junk food has decreased tremendously since I started eating clean. I don't crave it as much, and when I do eat it, I only have a small amount because I just don't want it.

Since starting the diet I am down 12lbs! I want to make clear, that there has been almost no exercise at all to get these results, and I want to also make clear that not exercising is not part of the Eat Clean diet. In fact, Tasco Reno makes it very clear that exercising is a very important part of a healthy life, and by exercising you increase the foods ability to work better for your body. In fact, I know that if I did make an effort to work out I could shed those extra 3lbs I need to get back to where I was before the weight gain, and I could lose those 5lbs I would like to reach my goal weight. Since I am a lazy ass that's probably not going to happen, so they will just have to come off slowly ;).

I really just wanted to share this information because I have become a big supporter of knowing what you put into your body. Let me also say that I do not totally agree with the "organic" way of life and find that unless it says USDA or FDA approved on the label, you are being swindled. So please make sure to turn that can, jar, or bag of food around before you buy. If you can't read it, don't eat it!

Cheers!!


No comments: